Please read through our Submission Guidelines carefully before sending us an inquiry.
- We do not offer printing services.
- Part of our commitment to the promotion of local culture and languages is support of Filipino artistry and talent. Accordingly, submissions are open year-round to Filipinos at least 18 years of age anywhere in the world. There is no limit to the number of pitches one may submit.
- Submissions may be in Filipino or English or come with a Filipino or English translation.
- We do not guarantee a quick reply to submissions. Replies, usually sent via postal service, may be received anytime from two (2) weeks to three (3) months after submission, depending on your location and/or the number of submissions we receive.
- Please make sure to keep copies of your work as manuscripts will not be returned even after screening.
Submit your original manuscript accompanied by a one-page literary bio-data thru firstname.lastname@example.org. On the first page of the manuscript, indicate its genre (short fiction, biography, history, etc.) and the literary contest/s it has won, if any. Manuscripts need not come with illustrations.
Address submissions to Ani Almario, Vice-President for Product Development.
Send us your résumé and two (2) or more sample works representative of your style in illustration. If you have more than one style of illustration, two (2) or more sample works of these other styles will suffice. Artists should take note that Adarna House looks for artists with a unique and consistent illustration style.
E-mail your submissions to eli[at]adarna.com.ph with “Adarna Book Illustration Application” on the subject field. An artist’s style may not fit the present crop of books being developed, so all submissions will be archived, on standby for an appropriate book project.
CHAPTER BOOKS OR NOVELS FOR CHILDREN/TEENS
Adarna House is excited to fill the gap in reading materials for Filipino children aged 9 to 16. Aspiring authors may submit one copy of the completed manuscript on short bond paper. On the first page/s of the manuscript, include a 100-word synopsis, its genre (crime, romance, fantasy, etc.), target age, the literary contest/s it has won, if any, and author’s literary bionote.
Address submissions to Ani Almario, Vice-President for Product Development thru email@example.com.
Anino Comics is always on the lookout for new graphic novels to publish. We are looking for new stories, unique concepts, extraordinary worlds that allow us to explore the Filipino imagination in the comics medium. We are willing to look at projects that are at various stages of development, from concept phase, to finished work. Interested parties may submit the corresponding requirements in one PDF file to anino[at]adarna.com.ph.
- Works at the concept phase: logline, one-page synopsis, concept art (3-5 pages), sample pages from the proposed work (3-5 pages), sample of previous comics work (minimum 10 pages)
- Partially-finished work (released in ashcan or similar formats, or as digital/web comic): logline, one-page synopsis, all completed pages so far (minimum of 30 pages)
- Finished work: logline, one-page synopsis, completed work
BOOK DEVELOPMENT SERVICES
Institutions may commission Adarna House to work on book projects and avail of services that cover writing, illustration, art direction, editing, publishing, and distribution. Send a brief proposal letter to Ani Almario (ani[at]), Vice President, indicating the following information: type of book, topic, size, number of pages, services needed, number of copies to be produced, mode of distribution, and retail price.